Welcome to the “North Dakota Westie Rescue” page here at Local Dog Rescues! Thanks for stopping by! If you are a first time visitor, then congratulations on your decision to adopt a dog! Your are about to improve (and potentially save!) the life of one lucky pup, as well as to immeasurable improve your own happiness! Every state page here on Local Dog Rescues contains a complete list of all the local rescue organizations that we have identified in each state. You will be able to see all their current contact information, as well as a link to their website, so you can check and see what dogs they currently have available for adoption. We provide all this information to help you identify ALL the available dogs for rescue near you, so you can find your perfect pup.
Friendly and lively, the Westie (or West Highland White Terrier) hails from Scotland and was bred as a rat hunter. They are a true companion dog and are known for their high self-esteem and happy personality. The Westie is a social breed and gets along well with everyone – from children, to dogs, to strangers! They actually thrive in homes with other dogs and will also get along with cats, despite the occasional chase. The Westie is an intelligent breed that is easily trained, especially with early and consistent training. They make good watchdogs, as they will bark when they hear or see something suspicious. Though they are an affectionate breed, they are independent and will do okay being left alone for a while – perfect for working families. If you’re looking for a dog with a true joy for life and an independent, yet affectionate nature, look no further than the Westie!< p>
View Top-Rated items for new Westie owners on Amazon!
- West Highland White Terrier (Comprehensive Owner's Guide)
- It's All About the Little White Dog: A History of the West Highland White Terrier
- The West Highland White Terrier (Terra-Nova)
If you can't find the right Westie Rescue that you’re searching for in your state, check below the listings for links to other Rescues in nearby states who may have exactly what you are looking for.
Westie Rescues in North Dakota
Report a broken link or other error here.
- To find additional Westie dogs available for adoption check: Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Montana, or Iowa.
- Or check out the complete list of all Westie Rescues in the USA!
- Find rescues groups dedicated to other dog breeds in North Dakota: Big Dog Rescues, Small Dog Rescues, Akbash Dog, Clumber Spaniel, or Manchester Terrier.
- Are you a Rescue Group who isn't listed? Click Here to add your information!