Welcome to the “South Dakota Miniature Australian Shepherd Rescue” page here at Local Dog Rescues! Thanks for stopping by! If you are a first time visitor, then congratulations on your decision to adopt a dog! Your are about to improve (and potentially save!) the life of one lucky pup, as well as to immeasurable improve your own happiness! Every state page here on Local Dog Rescues contains a complete list of all the local rescue organizations that we have identified in each state. You will be able to see all their current contact information, as well as a link to their website, so you can check and see what dogs they currently have available for adoption. We provide all this information to help you identify ALL the available dogs for rescue near you, so you can find your perfect pup.
If this is your first time adopting a dog, we HIGHLY recommend checking out our awesome resource: The Complete Guide to Adopting the Perfect Dog. It is jam packed with awesome info that will help you on your adoption journey!
The Miniature Australian Shepherd was only recently bred (the breed was started in 1993), so they are not recognized by any major dog kennel associations. They are very easy to train, since they strive to please their owners. Grooming is only done for maintaining the dogs fur, and it is not considered high maintenance. These little dogs are active and should be played with and exercised frequently to keep their weight down. Obedience training will be very beneficial, since they need to be active and given a job, like stranded breeds. They tend to live about 12 years on average.
View Top-Rated items for new Miniature Australian Shepherd owners on Amazon!
- Miniature Australian Shepherd Owner's Manual. How to care, train & keep Your Mini Aussie healthy. Includes Miniature American Shepherd. Vet approved c
- Teach Your Herding Breed to Be a Great Companion Dog, from Obsessive to Outstanding
- Miniature Australian Shepherd STREET SIGN ~
If you can't find the right Miniature Australian Shepherd Rescue that you’re searching for in your state, check below the listings for links to other Rescues in nearby states who may have exactly what you are looking for.
We are so grateful that we are able to help you rescue the dog of your dreams. In addition to coming back here, you can also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for additional info on rescue groups near you, current posts, and pictures!
Miniature Australian Shepherd Rescues in South Dakota
|I'm sorry, there are no Miniature Australian Shepherd rescue organizations that we have located in South Dakota.|
Report a broken link or other error here.
- To find additional Miniature Australian Shepherd dogs available for adoption check: Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Wyoming.
- Or check out the complete list of all Miniature Australian Shepherd Rescues in the USA!
- Find rescues groups dedicated to other dog breeds in South Dakota: Big Dog Rescues, Small Dog Rescues, Maltipoo, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, or Border Terrier.
- Are you a Rescue Group who isn't listed? Click Here to add your information!
We sincerely hope that this site will help you find the perfect dog to rescue near you. However, please keep in mind that while we have the utmost trust in every organization listed here, we cannot personally vouch for any individual group we have listed, or for the experience you will have with a dog you adopt from them. We strongly encourage you to research each organizations independently before deciding the adopt from them, as well as thoroughly preparing yourself, your family, and your home for the arrival of your new dog.