Welcome to the “Minnesota Wolfdog Rescue” page here at Local Dog Rescues! Thanks for stopping by! If you are a first time visitor, then congratulations on your decision to adopt a dog! Your are about to improve (and potentially save!) the life of one lucky pup, as well as to immeasurable improve your own happiness! Every state page here on Local Dog Rescues contains a complete list of all the local rescue organizations that we have identified in each state. You will be able to see all their current contact information, as well as a link to their website, so you can check and see what dogs they currently have available for adoption. We provide all this information to help you identify ALL the available dogs for rescue near you, so you can find your perfect pup.
The Wolfdog is a domestic dog and wolf hybrid. There are three “types” of Wolfdogs, Low Content (LC), Mid Content (MC), and High Content (HC). Low content Wolfdog’s are 1-49% wolf, 50%-74% wolf is mid content, and 75%+ is high content. The higher the wolf content, the more wolf-like they will be. Wolfdog’s are smarter than their “domestic” companions and can be quite challenging and stubborn. They are self-aware and have a “what’s in for me?” attitude. But, many mid-to-low content Wolfdogs are sociable, willing to please, and generally friendly. Low content Wolfdogs are the most outgoing and friendly. They are the easiest to train and will do well with children and other dogs. Mid content Wolfdogs are still outgoing but can be a bit more fearful than low content ones. They are also a bit harder to train and will need extra socialization to help with their shyness. High content Wolfdogs are generally indistinguishable from wolves and the hardest to train and socialize as “house pets”. They are normally not recommended for first time Wolfdog (or domestic dog) owners due to their strong similarities to wolves. But, with the right family, a low to mid content Wolfdog will make a wonderful companion!< p>
View Top-Rated items for new Wolfdog owners on Amazon!
- Wolfdogs A-Z: Behavior, Training & More (Wolf Hybrids)
- Living with Wolfdogs: An Everyday Guide to a Lifetime Companionship, Second Edition (Wolf Hybrid Education)
- Twelve Years With A Wolfdog - Nicholas Powell
If you can't find the right Wolfdog Rescue that you’re searching for in your state, check below the listings for links to other Rescues in nearby states who may have exactly what you are looking for.
Wolfdog Rescues in Minnesota
Report a broken link or other error here.
- To find additional Wolfdog dogs available for adoption check: Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, South Dakota, or North Dakota.
- Or check out the complete list of all Wolfdog Rescues in the USA!
- Find rescues groups dedicated to other dog breeds in Minnesota: Big Dog Rescues, Small Dog Rescues, Dalmatian, Miniature Schnauzer, or Tibetan Terrier.
- Are you a Rescue Group who isn't listed? Click Here to add your information!