Welcome to the “Georgia Chesapeake Bay Retriever Rescue” page here at Local Dog Rescues! Thanks for stopping by! If you are a first time visitor, then congratulations on your decision to adopt a dog! Your are about to improve (and potentially save!) the life of one lucky pup, as well as to immeasurable improve your own happiness! Every state page here on Local Dog Rescues contains a complete list of all the local rescue organizations that we have identified in each state. You will be able to see all their current contact information, as well as a link to their website, so you can check and see what dogs they currently have available for adoption. We provide all this information to help you identify ALL the available dogs for rescue near you, so you can find your perfect pup.
If this is your first time adopting a dog, we HIGHLY recommend checking out our awesome resource: The Complete Guide to Adopting the Perfect Dog. It is jam packed with awesome info that will help you on your adoption journey!
The Chesapeake Bay Retriever was bred in Chesapeake Bay during the 1800s. These dogs are used as pets and hunters, often going after waterfowl. These dogs benefit from working and having agility and obedience tests as part of their regular play. They are very loving toward family members. They may be unsure with strangers; thus, socialization is often helpful. The breed is prone to certain health problems that owners should be aware of. Among them are hip dysplasia, cataracts and regional alopecia. Lifespans range an average of 9 years, although some dogs can live for 13 years or even more.
View Top-Rated items for new Chesapeake Bay Retriever owners on Amazon!
- Sporting Dog and Retriever Training: The Wildrose Way: Raising a Gentleman's Gundog for Home and Field
- The 10-Minute Retriever: How to Make an Obedient and Enthusiastic Gun Dog in 10 Minutes a Day
- Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Decoys & Long Guns:: Tales of Carroll's Island Ducking Club
If you can't find the right Chesapeake Bay Retriever Rescue that you’re searching for in your state, check below the listings for links to other Rescues in nearby states who may have exactly what you are looking for.
We are so grateful that we are able to help you rescue the dog of your dreams. In addition to coming back here, you can also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for additional info on rescue groups near you, current posts, and pictures!
Chesapeake Bay Retriever Rescues in Georgia
Report a broken link or other error here.
- To find additional Chesapeake Bay Retriever dogs available for adoption check: South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, or Alabama.
- Or check out the complete list of all Chesapeake Bay Retriever Rescues in the USA!
- Find rescues groups dedicated to other dog breeds in Georgia: Big Dog Rescues, Small Dog Rescues, Bulldog, Irish Setter, or Schipperke.
- Are you a Rescue Group who isn't listed? Click Here to add your information!
We sincerely hope that this site will help you find the perfect dog to rescue near you. However, please keep in mind that while we have the utmost trust in every organization listed here, we cannot personally vouch for any individual group we have listed, or for the experience you will have with a dog you adopt from them. We strongly encourage you to research each organizations independently before deciding the adopt from them, as well as thoroughly preparing yourself, your family, and your home for the arrival of your new dog.